Welcome to Your New Website!
The Department of Society, Environment, and Health Equity (SEHE)
- Addresses complex social, medical, and environmental problems with a local and global focus on sustainability, equity, and social justice.
- Prepares undergraduate students for high-demand careers and post-graduate study in areas such as health care, health policy, and sustainability, which will serve the complex and diverse needs of the Inland Southern California region and beyond.
- Offers an interdisciplinary orientation grounded in the tools and concepts of the arts, humanities, and social sciences.
- Integrates theoretical rigor, civic and social engagement, community service, and community-engaged, community-driven methods.
- Supports transformative, interdisciplinary, and innovative research.
SEHE is supported by the UCR College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; the National Endowment for the Humanities; and the University of California Advancing Faculty Diversity Program.
SEHE plans to offer an undergraduate major and minor in Environmental Studies; and an undergraduate major and minor in Global and Community Health. The anticipated start date for the two majors is Fall 2024. Please check back here in Spring 2024 for more information.